The Staff Accountant will be an integral member of the Geneva Global’s accounting team. And TEAM is the operative word here! In this newly created role, you will support cross-organizational needs with Geneva Global and our parent company, Global Impact. You will bring your natural enthusiastic self to the various responsibilities encompassed in this role. You will have masterful organization and prioritization skills and be energized by seeing how your work contributes to the organizations and projects’ success.
Who We Are:
We’re Geneva Global, a Certified B Corporation and mission-driven company that helps foundations, organizations, and individuals achieve positive social change through effective philanthropy. We help our clients and partners bridge the gap between aspiration and impact by leveraging twenty-plus years of experience putting philanthropic capital to work in nearly 100 countries. Our approach blends highly customized problem solving with proven methods to support evidence-driven decision-making.
What’s It Like to Work at Geneva Global?
Our everyday work life at Geneva Global is creative, collaborative, fun, and has a big impact! We are a team. We care about each other. We respect and honor the work being done and appreciate that it takes effort to do it well. Our office is an open environment. The culture is a learning-oriented and open-minded one. We care about our professional development. Much is accomplished and we go home feeling we’ve made a difference. Come join the fun!
You will oversee the accounting function of the business in support of the team in a fun and high functioning environment and aide in the furtherance of Geneva Global’ s purpose and mission.
Primary Tasks include:
- Support the A/P process across the combined entities (Geneva Global, Global Impact, and Capital for Good)
- Ensure that all bank transactions are accurately and timely recorded
- Support the processing of employee credit card transactions on a monthly basis across the combined entities (Geneva Global, Global Impact, and Capital for Good)
- Ensure that all records are kept in an organized and easily accessible manner
- Support the preparation of financial reporting as needed for internal monthly reporting, external reporting, Board meetings, not for profit related entities, clients, compliance, etc.
- Support payments processing for grants and disbursements for our clients
- Engage in special projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred or demonstrated experience or knowledge of general accounting principles
- 6 months work experience in accounting or internships
- Proficient with Office365 with demonstrated competencies in Excel
- Strong aptitude for learning software systems such as bill.com and QuickBooks
- Ability to learn new software systems
Your Abilities Demonstrated:
- Ability to multitask, remaining agile
- High emotional IQ
- Ability to build relationships with all organization stakeholders
- Ability to identify problems quickly and work through resolution either alone or with team
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Service orientation
- Have a mindset of continuous improvement
- Maintain confidentiality of business financial information
You must have authorization to work in the United States. Regrettably, Geneva Global cannot sponsor an employment visa.
Our Geneva Global Paoli team works in a quiet, collaborative environment in which consideration is given to every detail to produce the best outcome. We are currently working remotely, and it is possible for this to be a fully remote position. Individuals who would like to be considered for a remote based position need to be geographically based in eastern or central time zones.
The salary range is $50,000 – $65,000 depending on the experience that you bring. We provide an excellent benefits plan including parental leave, medical, dental, short-term and long-term disability, a 401K program that includes a 3% employer contribution, 12 paid holidays and 25 paid personal time off days per year.
Geneva Global is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. With our commitment to ensure diverse representation, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
If there is anything we can do to accommodate you to participate fully in the recruitment interview process, please let us know.
This is an entry level accounting position reporting into an Accounting Manager. All staff who come into the office are required to have COVID-19 vaccination.
Please include a cover letter and resume.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.