Who We Are
We’re Geneva Global, a Certified B Corporation and mission-driven company that helps foundations, organizations, and individuals achieve positive social change through effective philanthropy. We serve as trusted advisors and thought partners to our clients, working with them to develop customized strategies, launch new initiatives, and improve and assess the impact of their work and their giving.
We’re looking for someone who is interested in learning about philanthropy and wants to deliver high-quality, customized services to Geneva Global’s clients.
The Position and Its Qualifications
Please note: if you’re interested in working on-the-ground with grantees or on specific programmatic issues, then this position is not a fit for you. You will have limited domestic travel and no international travel.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work closely with workstream leaders to support a variety of client initiatives that span a range of issues, such as seeking to eradicate diseases, providing opportunities for women and girls, and creating a more equitable world.
You’re comfortable working on multiple projects concurrently and like a combination of short-term and long-term projects. You enjoy project management; drafting, copyediting, and polishing content; and researching people and issues. You’re a critical thinker who likes to cross the Ts and dot the Is and is always thinking about how you can best answer the questions that our clients pose.
You’re excited to work on a team where you support projects focused on partnership-building among funders, major donor prospecting and research, and communications to engage donors.
You describe yourself as having these skills and traits:
- Exceptional project management skills to juggle multiple deadlines and requests from senior staff and clients across multiple projects
- Attention to detail in all aspects of your work.
- Critical thinking skills to track, manage, and analyze data relating to charitable giving and global development
- Strong research, writing, editing, and formatting skills, and the ability to put the final “polish” on documents, presentations, and other deliverables for our clients
- Hungry, humble, and people smart – ready to invest in yourself, our team, and our clients
- A desire to be a team contributor to meet the needs of clients in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm for learning and career growth in the fields of philanthropy, fundraising, or communications
You have a bachelor’s degree and 2-6 years of professional experience. You’re skilled using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and may also have used Publisher, InDesign, Salesforce, and project management platforms.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for more than one year. Visa sponsorship is not available.
Working at Geneva Global
Geneva Global encourages individuals to apply for this position who are of underrepresented backgrounds including, for example, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
You’ll be working with a group of inspired, like-minded people and supporting some of the world’s leading philanthropists and organizations. Our everyday work life at Geneva Global is creative, collaborative, fun, and has a big impact! We are a team. We care about each other. We respect and honor the work being done and appreciate that it takes effort to do it right.
The salary range for the Senior Associate role is $59,566-$80,590. On top of the competitive salary that we are offering, you’ll receive 12 paid holidays (4 are floating) and 25 paid days off. We provide an excellent benefits plan including parental leave, medical, dental, short-term and long-term disability, and a 401K program that includes a 3% contribution from day one.
This is a full-time position with the potential to be fully remote. Currently, we work in a hybrid model where local team members come into the office once per week.
Geneva Global is a subsidiary of Global Impact, a nonprofit organization that works on charitable ventures to inspire greater giving.
How to Apply
Along with your application, please submit:
- Cover letter
- One work sample – either writing (no more than 5 pages) or a PowerPoint deck you created that demonstrates your ability to attractively present information of any kind.
Your application will be incomplete without these documents, and you will not be considered. If we can do something to accommodate you to fully participate in the recruitment interview process, please let us know.
We look forward to hearing from you!