Are you looking to make an impact in a dynamic environment where you collaborate with smart, motivated people who want to make a difference in the world?
Who We Are
We’re Geneva Global, a Certified B Corporation and mission-driven company that helps foundations, organizations, and individuals achieve positive social change through effective philanthropy. We help our clients and partners bridge the gap between aspiration and impact by leveraging twenty-plus years of experience putting philanthropic capital to work in nearly 100 countries. Our approach blends highly customized problem solving with proven methods to support evidence-driven decision-making.
Operating an exciting, high profile innovative education program – “Speed School” – in East Africa and with other exciting education initiatives elsewhere, we are recruiting a Program Director or Senior Program Director to help maintain and grow excellence in our education portfolio. We’re looking for the outstanding candidate who will bring substantial knowledge, skill, experience, and energy to help sustain and grow excellence in our current and future education programming. The candidate will bring a record of excellence and creativity in promoting quality, access, and equity in education across various contexts and with different development actors. S/he will bring rigor to the implementation of funded projects and programs and be an inspirational, thoughtful, collaborative guide and colleague to our country-based teams.
The Position and Its Responsibilities
If chosen, you will work closely with colleagues at GGI’s headquarters and our superb country teams in Ethiopia and Uganda to implement our education programming on behalf of a variety of philanthropic and traditional donor clients. Your focus will be on the implementation of Speed School, an accelerated education program for out-of-school children aged 9 to 14 that also has a strong mother’s social and economic empowerment component. In the position, you will provide overall leadership and supervision, guiding and supporting the respective teams particularly in the areas of financial and administrative management, client relations, grantee implementation, technical programming, and government partnership.
You will report to the Senior Director / Education Team Leader and supervise a Senior Program Associate who leads GGI Headquarters’ supervision of the education program in Uganda. You will also contribute to business development efforts with the aim of expanding Speed School and GGI’s broader education work in the two countries while growing the portfolio to new geographies. Other responsibilities will include client reporting and relations, general marketing, communications, and contributing to the internal operations and institutional well-being of Geneva Global.
Your responsibilities will include:
Program Support and Management (65% of your time)
- Provide continuous oversight, guidance, and support to country teams in the key operational aspects of program implementation, including planning and budgeting, financial management, grant-making and oversight, monitoring and evaluation, operations, reporting, and partner collaboration, among other tasks
- Consulting and coordinating with GGI’s Human Resources, Accounting, Legal, and Operations (HALO) team to ensure the thorough and effective oversight and support of all country-level and other financial management and operations, including the review of country team financial reports, processing advances and grants, financial reporting to clients, and personnel management, among other tasks
- Supervising and supporting both country-based and junior HQ-based staff assigned to GGI’s Education team, including in the areas of program management, policy and standard practices, and performance and development reviews, among other tasks
Client Support (10% of your time)
- Reporting on program design, implementation, impacts, and context
- Designing, planning, and facilitating client trips
- Coordinating with GGI leadership on maintaining strong client relations and commitments
- Other relevant tasks
Business Development and Marketing (10% of your time)
- Contributing to the identification of new potential sources of funding, both for existing country education programs and for new topical and geographic areas of activity
- Participating in the preparation of proposals
- Producing case studies, blogs, articles, and other public-facing collateral on GGI’s work in education and other domains to support GGI-HQ’s and the country teams’ marketing and communications efforts
- Participating in conferences and other professional forums
- Other relevant tasks
Organizational and Technical Support (15% of your time)
- Providing technical and administrative support to other business units of GGI; notably Donor Advising and Programs
- Contributing to the on-boarding of new staff members
- Serving on various internal committees such as business development, strategic planning, justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI), and company-wide policies, systems, and standards
- Other relevant tasks
You will be eager and able to integrate a Geneva Global team that is devoted to a culture of collaboration around the attainment of Big Impact, Creativity, and Fun in the service of our clients. You will embrace Geneva Global’s firm and aggressive commitment to the principles of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusions (JEDI) as well as simple human kindness and respect in both our internal operations and outward-facing work. You will undertake to continue to evolve professionally and exhibit diligence and rigor in your work. You will demonstrate solid analytical and problem-solving skills, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and have strong interpersonal capacity. Additional qualifications you will bring to the position include the following:
- At least seven years of experience working in international development program management, preferably in the education sector
- Sector specific expertise in international education program design and management
- Budgeting and financial management, with excellent Excel skills
- Sustained experience working with international aid/donor organizations, such as UNICEF, USAID, and FCDO
- Personnel management in a cross-cultural context
- Experience working with or in nongovernmental organisations
- Grants and project management experience
- An advanced degree in international education or some other relevant field, or demonstration of significant experience in the sector
- Sustained experience working in developing country contexts
- Knowledge of a second language
- Strong ability with Microsoft Office programs and, ideally, with different publishing, grants management, and/or statistical software programs; and
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation
You will be willing and able to travel internationally up to three months a year, when pandemic conditions permit this.
Conditions of Employment
Geneva Global encourages applications from individuals of underrepresented backgrounds including, for example, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
The salary range for the Program Director position is $68,850 – $93,150. The range for the Senior Program Director position is $81,600 – $110,400. Both the position for which you qualify and the location within the range will depend on the experience you bring. On top of the competitive salary that we are offering, you’ll receive 12 paid holidays and 25 paid days off in a year. We provide an excellent benefits plan including parental leave, medical, dental, short-term, and long-term disability, and a 401K program that includes a 3% contribution.
Geneva Global is a subsidiary of Global Impact, a nonprofit organization that works on charitable ventures to inspire greater giving.
This is a full-time position with the potential to be fully remote, or, if you are local to the greater Philadelphia area, a hybrid work model once we are safe to work together. Currently, we are taking precautions during the pandemic and staff are working remotely.
How to Apply
With your application, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a professional writing sample that demonstrates your ability to present information in a cogent and compelling way. Your application will be incomplete without all these documents, and you will not be considered. If we can do something to accommodate you to fully participate in the recruitment interview process, please let us know.
Please apply on the link provided: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/63452?s=fc
We look forward to hearing from you!