Are you looking to make an impact in a dynamic environment where you collaborate with smart, motivated people that want to make a difference in the world?
Who We Are
We’re Geneva Global, a Certified B Corporation and a mission-driven company that helps foundations, organizations, and individuals achieve positive social change through effective philanthropy. We help our clients and partners bridge the gap between aspiration and impact by leveraging twenty-plus years of experience putting philanthropic capital to work in nearly 100 countries. Our approach blends highly customized problem solving with proven methods to support evidence-driven decision-making.
We’re looking for someone who has experience in consulting, global health, communications, and/or fundraising and is ready to take the next step in their career.
As our new Philanthropy Advisor, your main goal in this position is to deliver exceptional high-quality service to Geneva Global’s clients.
You’ll be capable of managing multiple competing priorities and projects, from short-term research to long-term strategy creation, to help clients express what they can do with their philanthropy. You’ll also need to be prepared for client requests that are due on the same day with a quick turn-around, working collaboratively with the rest of the team to create top-quality deliverables.
You’re working with and supervising junior staff to provide strategic direction, guidance, support, and project-based feedback daily. You’ll also engage with contractors such as graphic designers or copywriters to manage their time by providing project timelines and goals.
You’re a team player, ready to dive in and do what needs to be done to delight clients. You are resourceful and meticulous and you’re able to deliver with clarity and confidence on the projects you’ve been assigned. You have experience in project management and are just as comfortable designing PowerPoint slides and spreadsheets as writing an executive summary.
What We’re Looking For
Maybe you have a background in consulting, working at an NGO or philanthropic organization, or come from the fundraising office in a higher educational institution. You understand relationships are important and want to grow them.
We’re seeking a candidate who demonstrates:
- Impeccable project management skills to lead multiple client-based workstreams and respond to ad hoc requests
- Critical thinking and analytical skills to execute on project deliverables for clients
- Strong writing and editing skills and exceptional attention to detail to “polish” internal and client-facing deliverables
- A positive, team-centric attitude and willingness to support the team to complete long-term projects and meet short-term client needs in a fast-paced environment
- Solid team and people management skills and/or project-based team management responsibilities
- Enthusiasm for learning and career growth in the fields of philanthropy, fundraising, and/or communications
- 7-10 years of relevant professional working experience, including 3+ years of experience engaging directly with clients, donors, and/or external stakeholders
- Experience supervising one or more staff people
- Experience managing workstreams and project managing teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel for the use of crunching numbers and presenting quantitative information in intuitive, attractive formats
- Experience with PowerPoint and crafting presentations
- Demonstrated track record in philanthropy, fundraising, or communications
- Bachelor’s degree
Working at Geneva Global
Geneva Global encourages individuals to apply for this position who are of underrepresented backgrounds including, for example, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
You’ll be working with a group of inspired, like-minded people and supporting some of the world’s leading philanthropists and organizations. Our everyday work life at Geneva Global is creative, collaborative, and fun, and has a big impact! We are a team. We care about each other. We respect and honor the work being done and appreciate that it takes effort to do it right.
The salary range is $68,850 – $93,150 depending on the experience you bring. On top of the competitive salary that we are offering, you’ll receive 12 paid holidays (4 flex) and 25 paid days off. We provide an excellent benefits plan including parental leave, medical, dental, short-term, and long-term disability, and a 401K program that includes a 3% contribution from day one.
Geneva Global is a subsidiary of Global Impact, a nonprofit organization that works on charitable ventures to inspire greater giving.
Geneva Global’s HQ offices are located in the greater Philadelphia area in Paoli, Pennsylvania.
This is a full-time position with the potential to be fully remote. Currently, we are working in a hybrid model where local team members come into the office once per week.
With your application, please submit a cover letter, resume, and one writing sample (no more than 5 pages). Your application will be incomplete without these documents, and you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!