Are you looking to make an impact in a dynamic environment where you collaborate with smart, motivated people who want to make a difference in the world? We are looking to hire a part-time intern for early Winter 2022 to help us make a difference in the area of global education and more.
Who We Are
We’re Geneva Global, a Certified B Corporation and mission-driven company that helps foundations, organizations, and individuals achieve positive social change through effective philanthropy. We help our clients and partners bridge the gap between aspiration and impact by leveraging twenty-plus years of experience putting philanthropic capital to work in nearly 100 countries. Our approach blends highly customized problem solving with proven methods to support evidence-driven decision-making.
The Position and Its Qualifications
As an Intern, you’ll work closely with members of our HQ and in-country teams responsible for the implementation of programs in the areas of education and other development sectors. These include most prominently the on-going Speed School program in Ethiopia and Uganda and a collection of short-term activities related to education more broadly, program evaluation, and other development-related fields.
You will enjoy working on these tasks:
- Copy-edit and format written reports, case studies, proposals, and other documents submitted by country program staff and produced by HQ staff
- Develop content, including case studies and success stories, working with country team members to gather information and conduct interviews
- Contribute to the analysis, organization, and creative presentation of data on Geneva Global’s education and other program work, working both with raw data and information found in existing reports and other documentation
- Support the creation and production of various technical documents and produce summaries of the same
- Help manage shared education program archives
- Conduct research on different aspects of Geneva Global’s programming, including trends within the philanthropic sector, global and country-specific education policies and programs, and specific technical areas in support of both the headquarters and country teams
- Develop content for social media
- Support the preparation of proposals with background research, drafting of sections, formatting, copy-editing, and more
- Collaborate on the preparation of presentations and other relevant materials for meetings with country teams and other key stakeholders
- Participate as a peer contributor, learner, and note-taker in virtual and face-to-face meetings with country teams, funders, partners, and others
- Other tasks as assigned and agreed to with a GG-Education Team member
- Able to work 20 hours per week (minimum) for three months
- Have strong computer and social media skills (desktop publishing a plus)
- Have a strong interest in a career in international development and/or education
- Strong analytical and writing skills in English (sample of work must be submitted)
- Solid research capacity and interest
- Strong self-discipline in independent work
- Good cross-cultural communicator
- Current or recent university student (B.A. or Master’s level)
Working at Geneva Global
You will be working with a group of inspired, like-minded people and supporting some of the world’s leading philanthropies and organizations. Our everyday work life at Geneva Global is creative, collaborative, and fun, and has a big impact! We are a team. We care about each other. We respect and honor the work being done and appreciate that it takes effort to do it right.
During the current COVID-19 pandemic, you will be working remotely, interacting with your Geneva Global colleagues primarily via email and Zoom. When the office can open back up, we will take advantage of opportunities to work side-by-side at Geneva Global’s office in Paoli, PA, though remote work will remain a part-time option.
Geneva Global is committed to diversity and encourages individuals to apply for this position who are of underrepresented backgrounds including, for example, race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States for more than one year. Visa sponsorship is not available.
Geneva Global is a subsidiary of Global Impact, a nonprofit organization that works on charitable ventures to inspire greater giving.
Currently, we are taking precautions during the pandemic and staff are working remotely.
How to Apply
With your application, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two written references: one professional and one academic.
Please apply on the provide link: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/63425?s=fc
We look forward to hearing from you!