Are you looking to use your marketing and communications skills to help make a difference in the world? Are you passionate about applying a variety of marketing, communications, and public relations activities to help attract new clients and grow a company’s revenue? Do you love the challenge of figuring out how to position and message a company’s products and services and create compelling content that resonates with your audience? If so, consider joining us as our Marketing and Communications Manager.
Who We Are
Geneva Global is a Certified B Corporation that helps clients maximize philanthropic impact. We offer services across the philanthropic continuum, helping clients attract new donors to their causes while simultaneously designing and running high-impact programs all around the world. We serve as trusted advisors and thought partners to foundations, corporations, high-net-worth individuals, and nonprofits, working with them to develop customized strategies, launch new initiatives, and improve and assess the impact of their work and their giving.
Your goal in this position is to create and execute a variety of marketing and communications activities to help us expand our brand awareness, generate new client opportunities, and ultimately grow our revenue. You’ll work collaboratively with marketing colleagues at Global Impact (our parent organization) and manage external vendors. This is a hands-on role where you will be expected to not only develop high-level, creative strategies but also to roll up your sleeves and execute on those ideas and activities. This role will not have any direct reports for the foreseeable future.
Major areas of responsibilities include:
Communications and corporate positioning. You’ll ensure that our positioning is accurate and reflective of our evolving business and service offerings across our website, marketing collateral, social media, and other external communications. You’ll support the company’s business development activities by developing and refining sales and marketing materials that target various audience segments. You’ll apply your knowledge of digital marketing channels to help innovate the way Geneva Global promotes itself and its services online.
Content strategy. You’ll tap into the collective insights and wisdom of our global team to generate a range of compelling content that positions Geneva Global as a premier philanthropic consulting company. You’ll ghostwrite articles and other communications on behalf of the senior leadership team. Not only will you help develop a variety of content, but you’ll also be responsible for managing and broadening the ways we distribute that content through email, web, social, PR, and other channels.
Public relations. You’ll work closely with the senior leadership team to identify stories and ideas and use them to increase our profile in the philanthropic sector through media placements and speaking opportunities. You’ll identify and cultivate relationships with a range of reporters and influencers and be adept at writing editorials, press releases, and other content that promotes our team as leading experts.
Client and company support. You’ll spend a small proportion of your time supporting client engagements that require marketing and communications expertise and skills, as well as supporting ad-hoc marketing needs from your Geneva Global and Global Impact colleagues.
Among your key responsibilities:
- Work closely with key senior leadership colleagues to refine and develop Geneva Global’s corporate positioning, messaging, and service offering language and ensure consistency in messaging across our website, marketing and sales materials, and other channels.
- Maintain Geneva Global’s website to ensure it is updated with fresh, relevant content and graphics.
- Assist in the development and distribution of content, including proofreading, creating and formatting graphics, sourcing and light editing of photographs, and distributing content through our monthly newsletter and social media channels.
- Refine Geneva Global’s social media strategy and own our day-to-day social media activity.
- Develop and maintain sales and marketing collateral, including print and electronic sales and marketing materials (brochures, inserts, etc.) and branded merchandise.
- Spend up to 10% of your time supporting client engagements with marketing, communications, and PR support.
- Are self-motivated and proactive and jump into a range of projects with enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Enjoy juggling multiple high-priority projects in a fast-paced environment and operate with a sense of urgency
- Have exceptional writing and editing skills
- Able to form successful relationships with team members across the company in order to get what you need to accomplish your projects
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Basic graphic design skills with experience using InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator
- Experience using social media
- Experience with programs in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of WordPress, Mail Chimp or other email marketing system, and Salesforce all pluses.
- Video editing skills a plus
- Have 5-10 years of marketing and communication experience
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or business, or a relevant field of study
This job is based out of our headquarter office located in the suburbs of Philadelphia. This position has limited travel requirements.
Geneva Global is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. With our commitment to ensure diverse representation, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete.
As part of the application process, please provide a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples (two to five pages each; excerpts from longer documents accepted). Please include them in the resume section. Applications without these four items will be not be considered.
Due to the high volume of resumes received we regret that we cannot respond to each application individually. We will contact those individuals whose background and experience aligns with our requirements.
Geneva Global is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants equally without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran or marital status, sensory, physical or mental disability, or the use of a trained guide dogs or service animal by a disabled person, and all other bases protected by law.